PENNSYLVANIA MICROBLADING REGULATIONS
While microblading guidance on state regulations are provided below, you should always check on state, county, and city level, as local regulations may be present even if nothing is present on the state level. Technicians are responsible for finding out their local rules and regulations for licensing and permitting requirements before practicing Microblading and prior to registering for our training. Please note while we provide the resources below, the government agencies should always be considered the source of truth.
Guidance On Researching Regulations:
- Most states bundle microblading with permanent makeup, body art, or tattooing
- When you call, refer to it as one of these terms: “Where can I find the regulations for tattooing and permanent makeup requirements?”
- Typically the two most regulating bodies are the public health department or the environmental health department, this varies by state.
- Some states govern this through cosmetology boards or other such entities.
- Oversight Body:
- None at this time (12/16). At some future date, it may be the Pennsylvania department of health.
- Licensing Contact:
- No state wide licensing body was found at this time, but some areas such as Philadelphia do have local regulations.
- Other Useful Resources:
- News Article related to the Pennsylvania non-regulation